Friday, April 11, 2008

Tests Date is Set....

...and I am going to beat this Cancer! Tonight something came over me a few minutes ago when I was in the kitchen preparing a bowl of Progresso Chicken Pot Pie soup. I don't know why but instead of a wave of sadness, I had a wave of happiness and strength. I felt like life wasn't over and it only just beginning! I am going to beat this thing, even if it kills me...lol! I had to say it. I've been overcome with fear, moments of crying and flat-out shock but I'm ready to try to push forward. Tonight my wife is at her family's house and I've taken a moment to go through the various emotions. My mom's boyfriend, who is like a father to me as they have been together for like 13 years or something, called and I was sad but I can't keep being sad and not eating or sleeping. I have to fight back. I'm 6'0 tall and almost 200 pounds. I'm in great shape so there is no way these little cells are going to take me down!

Today I set my appointments for my full body bone scan and my MRI of my pelvis for this coming Tuesday. I should have my results back a couple of days later. Of course I am scared but whatever comes, I'm going to tackle it and choke it out. This is going to be my new beginning.

P.S. I'll probably be sad again later..lol...but for now, I'm Superman!!!

No comments: