Thursday, April 10, 2008

1st Day of Cancer

How do you start a blog out that you never wanted to create in the first place? This is one of those blogs. This is the blog about me having cancer. I guess this is the old proverbial: first day of the rest of your life scenario. It started out like any other Wednesday for the most part until 3:45 pm when I found myself sitting at the doctor's office being told that I had prostate cancer. I wasn't sure how to react. The doctor that told me was actually not even my doctor but one that was recommended to me as a second opinion. I hadn't even gotten the results on my biopsy back from my own doctor before having them faxed to him. I didn't envy his position. I had literally known the guy for 15 minutes before he was telling me I had Cancer. So there you have it, the beginning of my new blog. As I get rolling on this, I will loosen up and may put some videos etc. on here. We'll see what happens but whatever does, I will use this as a place to talk about my feelings. So far, I've been all over the place from joking about it to crying uncontrollably. Wish me luck on my new adventure.

1 comment:

mama2duke&beck said...

wow.

i can almost feel your confusion/fear/craziness/frustration/anger, etc.