Friday, April 11, 2008

Appointment Set with Surgeon

I guess I am getting closer to the procedure that will help eradicate this beast from my body. I have set my appointment with the Surgeon for next Friday at 3:30 pm. We will go over what we are going to do and what all the surgery entails. Some of the things that really suck is that I just bought a new track bike and was looking forward to racing at the Kissena velodrome this season. I will still get to but it will be later in the season when I can start to train. Oddly enough before all of this I had bought the book by Lance Armstrong, "It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life". I started reading it last night after struggling with everything else out there from the internet to the TV to distract me. I finally decided to embrace this and try to look to people like him for inspiration on getting through this difficult time. His first lines reflected what I'm slowly starting to feel. This is really going to change my life, but maybe not just in a negative way. It was like a switch flipped on Wednesday and all of the s*** that seemed so important and pressing really wasn't. Life goes on and so will I.

No comments: