Saturday, April 26, 2008

19th Day of Cancer....

Today was a great day. It started out a bit odd. I was awakened from a dream this morning by a phone call. This dream had me in a doctor's room getting my pre-op examination. I guess this beast has now found it's way into my dreams. I don't like that one bit. The dream wasn't bad, just quite odd. After that, I met up with a good friend and headed out to the Kissena Velodrome for the opening day races. It was a wonderful day at the track. I was sad a few times when I thought about that I was supposed to be racing this weekend. I bought a new track bike and looked forward all year to this weekend and now I was only able to be a spectator. I will race this year though, I just have to make it through this first.

When I was at the track, I got an email on my blackberry from someone sending something to my Facebook account. It was a person who had gone through the same surgery and reached out to me. It was like a Godsend to be honest. We've written back and forth to each other a few times now today since then and he has brought some peace to my head. That's a good thing as Martha Stewart would say. Tonight I'm just going to kick back and relax.

No comments: