Saturday, April 19, 2008

Interesting Saturday...

So I woke up and was hungrier than I think I have been in a very long time in the morning. I dorked around on the net and then made my way to the shower to start the day. As soon as I walked out my front door, I was hit with a sea of people headed towards 5th Avenue. I forgot that the Pope was staying 4 blocks up from me and that he would be cruising by in his legendary Pope-mobile. I decided to hang out and see the Pope. I've seen the Dalai Lama, a few legendary Rinpoches and now I can say that I have seen the Pope.

After my Pope moment, I wandered over to Good Health restaurant and had brunch. I'm still getting used to not having coffee in the mornings. I'm not sure when I'll get used to this one. I then made it over to the bike shop and all the guys were there to share their condolences for my illness. I told them that I wasn't dead yet so let's get some smiles. They asked when I would get to ride again and as the doc said, I could be back training after the surgery and should be able to race again by the end of this season. Granted I won't be in the best of shape but I'll be in good enough shape to get out there and ride my new bike!

I think I may wander over to Nike Town and pick up a new light jacket.

No comments: