Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Day of Research...

Today was an interesting day, I spent the first part at Barnes and Noble picking up a few books. I initially went there to pick up the diet book for my cancer but ended up picking up a few other books on prostate cancer that looked quite good. I'm reading "Prostate and Cancer" by Sheldon Marks, MD, which looks to be quite informative. It is quite dangerous to search the web for all of the information on this disease as there is quite a bit of misinformation out there which can scare the crap out of you to put it bluntly. I picked up this book, one from the American Cancer Society and another one that is in the other room and I can't remember the name but it is quite good.

Tomorrow I will be contacting the sperm bank to see if I can start the process tomorrow. I am supposed to have three days between my last ejaculation and my visit to the bank. Friday was my last one trying to clear the blood out of the prostate and so Monday should be good. Basically I only have two more weeks before I no longer will produce sperm and ejaculates. That's quite a bit to swallow but to be honest, that is nothing if I am able to live a long life. That made the choice quite easy for me. That's about it for tonight. I'm off to the land of dreams and I'm praying that they aren't filled with dreams of cancer and surgery. I'm getting a bit tired of those to be honest.

No comments: