Monday, April 21, 2008

As the Day Winds Down....

Everything in my day has gone fairly smooth until I spoke with a colleague on a project. He told me about his father having had the surgery and ten years later the cancer came back and is now in his bones. I know that there is a possibility that it will come back after the surgery but I really just want to hear positive stories about survivors as I head down this path. I am already filled with so much fear and I try so hard to push it down but I guess it is still there. I felt my chest tighten as I listened to him tell me about it. My sister told me about her friend's brother who died of it last year but it was much further along than mine. That bothered me a little but I understand that she was just trying to tell me that mine has spread to that degree. I know one thing though, I am going to beat this and I will be a survivor!

No comments: