Saturday, May 17, 2008

Two Days Before Catheter Comes Out!!!

It's Saturday and I'm two days away from this catheter finally being able to come out of me. I'm literally sick of it being in me now. It hurts when I move. It feels like a sharp poke in my bladder at times. I take my percocet and that seems to help. Percocet seems to be a good pain killer but I don't feel anything other than that. Tomorrow I would love to go to the Quaker Meeting House but I don't think that it would be possible for me to sit for an hour in silence to be honest. I really feel more connected now than ever internally to the meeting. I know that when people are faced with their own mortality that they turn to a spiritual path and I'm sure that this has quite a bit to do with this but it is honestly more. Inside I'm feeling happy and not afraid. It's a great feeling! Well great outside of this catheter shoved in my penis!

Tonight I will try to go to bed early. Lately I've been kept up by my wife who is a bit of an insomniac during this process. She always has trouble sleeping but lately it has been worse. I wish that I could help her more during this and be more understanding but I am trying to do the best that I can. I'll try harder.

No comments: