Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Been Awhile...but I'm Back...

Well I guess I should try to catch up on what all has happened since my last time on here. I've had my 3 month post-surgery PSA test and it went up from 0.00 to 0.01. That is still within the acceptable/negligible range so I'm okay even though I don't like that it went up at all. I will be a bit more diligent about my tests and may consider every 2 months even though it is only recommended every 3 months. We'll see how that pans out.

About a month ago, I had a little blood in my urine and I may have passed a kidney stone so now I am watching to see what happens with that. Today I went in for a CT scan and let me tell you, I hated being back in the hospital again for tests. Drinking barium is the worst...well maybe not the worst because shortly after drinking the barium they shoved this tube up my ass and filled my rectum with fluid. Who knows what that was for but I can tell you that I had diarrhea the rest of the day and was wiped out from the whole process. They kept asking me if I knew what they were testing me for and I said I wasn't sure. I asked them and they would just ask me the same thing back. I felt like I was in an Abbott and Costello skit. Oh well...we'll see next week what they find or don't find.

When I was last on here, I was complaining about still having to wear pads because of the incontinence issues that I was dealing with. I can proudly say that those pads are now a thing of the past! Yes, I'm pad free!!! Woohooo!!! I'm thrilled to not be diaper-man anymore. Granted Diaper-man was an awesome superhero on a great cartoon I watched growing up but he wasn't the one that I aspired to be later in life. So that's about it for now. I'll try to be back on here more often. I won't try, I will be back on here more often.

No comments: