Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally I received my results from the CT Scan...

Well when it rains it pours as they say. I was on hold for awhile waiting to hear back from my oncologist and finally did yesterday. The results weren't too scary but there is a concern...we'll see how much soon enough. My kidneys, pancreas and liver all looked to be in fine working order given that I only had a non-contrast exam. Good thing, no kidney stones or cancer seen on those organs, not that I thought that there would be. One thing that they did notice was an unusual thickening of the mural walls of my Sigmoid Colon and a narrowing of the tube. Now I have to go to a gastroenterologist to have more tests done to see what is going on. I have been in excrutiating pain for the last month or so so I am glad to finally get this figured out.

When I called the doctor, I was told that he had a waiting list dragging me back to December for an appointment! There is no way I can have this unresolved in my head until then so they said if I could have my doctor call in then they could possibly move me up some on the waiting list. My doctor called them and I should have a new date and time by early next week. We'll see how far up they were able to move my appointment date.

Last night I was in so much pain that I drank a bottle of the dreaded Magnesium Citrate. Oh what a wonderful night I had. I was still on the toilet at 4:30 this morning and when I woke up I had to visit the royal throne a few more times. As I was lying in bed goofing on on the "Planet Cancer" website I thought about how often doctors seem to want to poke around in my ass. I swear, there must be freakin' gold up there because every damn one of them wants to go exploring in there. I think I will put a "No Spelunking" sign up next time I visit one. Well that's it for tonight.

No comments: