Friday, January 16, 2009

Doctor's Visit This Week...


So this week I went into my surgeon/oncologists office to talk about my test results from the PSA test. I talked about this some before in my last blog posting but I'll recap here. My first test after surgery I had a PSA of 0.00 and the following was 0.01. I wasn't concerned about that because that was so minimal that it could have been a calibration error and it was still reading as undetectable. Now granted, I'm not a doctor nor am I a lab tech running these tests so I freaked out when I saw it go up even that tiny amount. Well I am reassured that this is nothing and so last week I had my latest PSA results given to me and it was less than 0.05. In my head, I started to panic because the PSA level was rising and I knew that cancer was back. With everything else going on in my life, that was the last thing that I wanted to hear. So I sat with a week of panicking even though the nurse at the doctor's office assured me that this was not bad and that it was still reading as undetectable. I just couldn't understand why it was a higher reading than the last time.

I make my way to the doctor's office this week to discuss this with the doc and he says it is the way that the machine was calibrated and that it wasn't detecting anything below 0.05. I asked why one time it is calibrated for one level of sensitivity and one time it is another. He assured me that I am not be concerned as I am still reading as undetectable which is good. I'm going to go with this and be happy. Having a focal positive margin always keeps me on my toes and I'm less than a year out from my surgery. In fact my surgery was on May 12, 2008 so I'm only 8 months out so far. I can't wait until I hit my 1 year cancerversary! That's all for today.

5 comments:

www.mAssKickers.org said...

if you think about it, .050 is horrible batting average. my 2 cents...

Lynn Lane said...

lol...nice one Eric. Jeeesh!

Anonymous said...

This blog is a great source of information which is really very useful for me. Thank you very much for this important information.

FOR BEST INFORMATION ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER.

kaney said...

If you have prostate cancer, are concerned about getting it, or if you're looking out for the health of someone you love, this article can help. Early prostate cancer is confined to the prostate gland itself; most of the patients with this type of cancer can live for years without any problems. 

Kavinace

Anonymous said...

Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that I have received my herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cures my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:    Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
He listed that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis